I.4.1. Strengthening the core-facility potential on the Ochota Campus & I.4.2. Fund for the Renovation and Development of Research Infrastructure – development and maintenance of infrastructure
Call for competition
- Name: competition for co-financing the development and maintenance of infrastructure (including the employment of technicians and operators) in units from the group of beneficiaries of Actions I.4.1 and I.4.2, and New Ideas in POB I and POB II
- Objective: to improve the availability of infrastructure for employees of the UW units and for external companies; the following activities may be supported under the competition: (a) repairing current equipment and service contracts; (b) purchasing new research equipment; (c) employing technicians and operators
- Applicant: organisational units at the University of Warsaw from the group of beneficiaries of Actions I.4.1 and I.4.2 – projects related to the purchase or production of research infrastructure, and New Ideas in POB I and POB II
- Competition announcement date: 11.01.2023
- Starting date of the call for applications: 11.01.2023
- End date of the call for applications: 31.01.2023
- Announcement of the results: no later than 28.02.2023 (this deadline may be extended in the event of a large number of applications)
- Competition budget: 9,500,000 PLN
- Form of submitting applications: only in electronic form, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Will a purchase order or invoice be sufficient instead of a contract?
Yes, as long as it has been recorded in SAP. Please note that revenue resulting from the rental of space should not be included.
3. Are computers, monitors, tablets, multifunctional devices, and printers included as equipment?
Yes. For the purposes of the competition, we interpret ‘equipment’ according to the CSO (GUS) guidelines, i.e., as sets of research, measuring, or laboratory equipment with a low degree of versatility and high technical parameters (which are usually several orders of magnitude higher than a typical apparatus used for production or operational purposes). Examples of fixed assets included as equipment: computers, spectrometers, … Examples of fixed assets not included: real estate, furniture, air-conditioning units, a lecture theatre sound system, …
4. Can purchases of equipment with ministerial funds be considered?
“Value of research equipment purchased and procured (documented by a signed contract) between 2017 and 2022” refers to the total value of equipment purchased with any funds, excluding the IDUB grant, as this would be a repetition of parameter point 3 of the algorithm.
5. What is the Unit’s income resulting from scientific projects? Should the amount awarded be indicated in the grant agreement, or what has been accounted for?
For simplicity, please indicate the amounts granted in the grant agreement.
6. Should the amount be shown from the IDUB decision, or the amount from the settlement?
The sum of funding received by the Unit in IDUB competitions is understood as the sum of the amounts in the award decisions.
7. In addition to IDUB Actions 1.4.1 and 1.4.2, can a licence purchased from other Actions be shown?
Only the sum of grants obtained by the Unit in IDUB competitions for projects concerning the purchase or production of research infrastructure in Actions I.4.1 and I.4.2 and the New Ideas competitions organised within Priority Research Area 1 and 2 is allowed.
8. When calculating IB1, (research equipment purchased and procured between 2017 and 2022) should any equipment purchased during this time with funds from projects implemented from external sources (e.g., NCN, NCBR, Horizon and others), as well as subsidies and indirect costs of projects, be included?
Yes, any equipment with an OT number regardless of the initial value.
9. What is understood to be equipment? Can computers, laptops, printers, scanners, monitors, purchased and used for research purposes – regardless of initial value, including from university-wide tenders (i.e., all equipment with an inventory number “OT”) – be included in the Excel list attached to the application?
See answer to question 3. In particular, we include computers, laptops, printers, scanners, and monitors that have an inventory number (OT), regardless of the initial value.
10. The sum of the subsidies obtained by the Unit in IDUB competitions, for projects involving purchases in Actions I.4.1 and I.4.2, will be included in the algorithm. Do I understand correctly that in the appropriate blank in the application form we shouldn’t enter the full value of the purchased equipment, but instead enter the amount obtained for this purpose from the IDUB funds, ignoring the Unit’s own contribution?
Yes, we enter the amount allocated under IDUB activities (without the contribution).
12. How to classify landlines and mobile phones? Can they be included in IB1?
These devices cannot be included in category IB1.
13. Are electronic signatures more about licences or IT hardware (readers etc.)?
We treat electronic signatures in the same way as licences and do not include them in the inventory of devices prepared for the competition.
|Organisational Unit at UW||Value||Allocated funding|
|Centre of New Technologies (CeNT)||22,5%||24,1%||18,4%||1 977 526,15 zł|
|Biological and Chemical Research Centre (CNBCh)||3,9%||8,2%||12,0%||733 893,78 zł|
|Faculty of Biology||13,4%||14,6%||16,4%||1 351 918,69 zł|
|Faculty of Chemistry||30,3%||17,8%||13,7%||1 878 239,55 zł|
|Faculty of Physics||26,7%||28,0%||27,7%||2 504 352,34 zł|
|Faculty of Geology||2,0%||1,3%||10,9%||431 187,07 zł|
|Faculty of Geography and Regional Studies||0,6%||1,7%||0,2%||77 175,10 zł|
|Faculty of Psychology||0,7%||4,1%||0,7%||165 707,33 zł|
- IB – value of research equipment purchased and ordered (documented with a signed contract) in the years 2017-2022
- PN – revenues of the entity resulting from the implementation of research projects and resulting from the commercial activities of the entity (excluding revenues from renting space), for which grant agreements were signed no earlier than 01.01.2017
- ID – the sum of subsidies obtained by the Unit in IDUB competitions, for projects related to the purchase or production of research infrastructure as part of Actions I.4.1 and I.4.2, and New Ideas competitions organised under Priority Research Areas 1 and 2